Saturday, May 9, 2009

Cake Tasting!

Barb and I went cake tasting on saturday to make the BIG DECISION!!! We went to one of our favorite desserteries(I'm taking credit for the invention of that word), Sweet Lady Jane on Melrose. I took Barbara there first for her 29th birthday and she reciprocated the next night after for my birthday buy getting me a cake from there as well.


We first looked through a handfull of designs, but wanted to stay away from something too frilly. Next we went into our cake tasting. Now, I love desserts, but there was only so much I could handle. First we tried the White Chocolate Lemon, Triple Berry Shortcake and Chocolate Mocha Praline. Each were very distinguishable, but having to pick your favorite was like picking with child you love most(if we had more than one children theoretically).

We then got a taste of the Seven Layer Chocolate and the Raspberry Lemon. Both were very savory, but still hard to make a decision. They offered us more to try, but we had enough sweets for one morning. We knew we had a few winners there, but weren't too sure which one. Barb was on call that day, so we didn't have time to make a final decision, but I suspect it's going to be a combo of two that we mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment